Saturday, March 27, 2010
Welcome to Sachin Tendulkar biography section of Sachin-Tendulkar.co.in. Sachin Tendulkar biography is so impressive that anyone can get inspired from it. When 16 years old Sachin entered the world of cricket against Pakistan, experts said a lot of things about Sachin Tendulkar height, but tallest of the bowlers have proven short in front of Sachin Tendulkar height. Although Sachin Tendulkar height is 5ft 5 inch but bowlers like Courtney Walsh, Curtley Ambrose and Tom Moody, who are some of the tallest bowlers in Sachin’s era, have received thrashing from Sachin’s heavy bat. With time, Sachin Tendulkar height and stature in world cricket has become tallest.
Sachin Tendulkar profile : If you talk about Sachin Tendulkar profile, he has done everything to make his profile just the perfect one. If any cricketer in the world can include even 1% of ingredients of Sachin Tendulkar profile in his approach towards Cricket, he’ll be a good player, if not great. A short Sachin Tendulkar profile includes following details of Sachin Tendulkar.
* Full name: Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
* Father’s name : Ramesh Tendulkar
* Mother’s name : Rajni Tendulkar
* Sachin Tendulkar birthday : April 24, 1973 , Bombay (now Mumbai)
* Current age 36 years 150 days (as on 21 Sep 2009 )
* Major teams: India , Asia XI, Mumbai, Mumbai Indians, Yorkshire
* Nickname: Tendlya, Little Master, Master Blaster
* Batting style: Right-hand bat
* Bowling style : Right-arm offbreak, Legbreak googly
* Sachin Tendulkar height : 5 ft 5 in
* Education: Sharadashram Vidyamandir School
People in India want to know complete Sachin Tendulkar biography. When anyone goes through Sachin Tendulkar profile or Sachin Tendulkar biography, he comes to know how a young boy from Mumbai rose to the height of popularity in the world of Cricket. Sachin Tendulkar height may not be that big, but his stature is the biggest in the Cricketing world. This website puts a full-stop on your search for Sachin Tendulkar biography.
A bit more on Sachin Tendulkar profile: Sachin Tendulkar is considered one of the complete batsmen ever. He has all the shots in the book. Also, he is unarguably the biggest crowd puller and icon of the game. Even, all time great Late Sir Don Bradman told his wife that Sachin reminded him of himself. Few people know that Sachin actually wanted to become a fast bowler, but legendary pacer Denis Lillee turned away Sachin from MRF Pace Academy , based in Chennai. Debuted at the age of 16, a glimpse of greatness was seen by another Indian great Kapil Dev, when he continued to bat with a blood soaked shirt, as he was hit by a Waqar Younis bouncer in his debut match. He even had 16 international Hundreds before the age of 25. In 2008, he passed Brian Lara as the leading Test runs scorer and the first bastman to score 12,000 runs. There were times in Indian households, when Sachin Tendulkar used to get out, people used to turn off their Television sets.
Sachin Tendulkar birthday is on April 24. In India , Sachin Tendulkar birthday is like a festival among cricket lovers. India is already a cricket crazy country and thus, Sachin Tendulkar birthday is celebrated like a festival. Millions of fan mails and wishes are received by Sachin Tendulkar every year on Sachin Tendulkar birthday. We even wonder, whether there would be a national holiday on Sachin Tendulkar birthday, after he retires from Cricket.
When anyone goes through Sachin Tendulkar biography, respect for him doubles.
Friday, March 26, 2010
1. Highest Run scorer in the ODI
2. Most number of hundreds in the ODI 41
3. Most number of nineties in the ODI
4. Most number of man of the matches(56) in the ODI's
5. Most number of man of the series(14) in ODI's
6. Best average for man of the matches in ODI's
7. First Cricketer to pass 10000 run in the ODI
8. First Cricketer to pass 15000 run in the ODI
9. He is the highest run scorer in the world cup (1,796 at an average of 59.87 as on 20 March 2007)
10. Most number of the man of the matches in the world cup
11. Most number of runs 1996 world cup 523 runs in the 1996 Cricket World Cup at an average of 87.16
12. Most number of runs in the 2003 world cup 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
13. He was Player of the World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
14. Most number of Fifties in ODI's 87
15. Appeared in Most Number of ODI's 407
16. He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC ranking for 10 years.
17. Most number of 100's in test's 39.
18. He is one of the three batsmen to surpass 11,000 runs in Test cricket, and the first Indian to do so
19. He is thus far the only cricketer to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India's highest sporting honor
20. In 2003, Wisden rated Tendulkar as d No. 1 and Richards at No. 2 in all time Greatest ODI player
21. In 2002, Wisden rated him as the second greatest Test batsman after Sir Donald Bradman.
22. he was involved in unbroken 664-run partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 with friend and team mate Vinod Kambli,
23. Tendulkar is the only player to score a century in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debuts
24. In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire
25. Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
26. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODI's 7 times
27. Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in calendar year in ODI's most by any batsman
28. He is the highest earning cricketer in the world
29. He has the least percentage of the man of the matches awards won when team looses a match. Out of his 56 man of the match awards only 5 times India has lost.
30. Tendulkar most number man of match awards(10) against Australia
31. In August of 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was voted as the "Greatest Sportsman" of the country in the sport personalities category in the Best of India poll conducted by Zee News.
32. In November 2006, Time magazine named Tendulkar as one of the Asian Heroes.
33. In December 2006, he was named "Sports person of the Year
34. The current India Poised campaign run by The Times of India has nominated him as the Face of New India next to the likes of Amartya Sen and Mahatma Gandhi among others.
35. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket
36. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 75 centuries in international cricket:79 centuries
37. Has the most overall runs in cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s), as of 30 June 2007 he had accumulated almost 26,000 runs overall.
38. Is second on the most number of runs in test cricket just after Brian Lara
39. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches
40. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair with Sourav Ganguly is a world record
41. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999
42. Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches - a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid
43. Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998
44. Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs (41 Centuries and 87 Fifties)(as of 18th Nov, 2007)
45. the only player ever to cross the 13,000-14,000 and 15,000 run marks IN ODI.
46. Highest individual score among Indian batsmen (186* against New Zealand at Hyderabad in 1999).
47. The score of 186* is listed the fifth highest score recorded in ODI matches
48. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
49. Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
50. Most number of Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds
51. Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
52. On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant in the world
53. When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century
54. Tendulkar's record of five test centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record
55. Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side
56. Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playing nations. He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten
57. Tendulkar has 4 seasons in test cricket with 1000 or more runs - 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs). Gavaskar is the only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs
58. He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs in world.
59. On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara's (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home
60. Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings
61. Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches
62. Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara.
63. Tendulkar is fourth on the list of players with most Test caps. Steve Waugh (168 Tests), Allan Border (158 Tests), Shane Warne (145 Tests) have appeared in more games than Tendulkar
64. Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches(144) for India (Kapil Dev is second with 131 Test appearances).
65. First to 25,000 international runs
66. Tendulkar's 25,016 runs in international cricket include 14,537 runs in ODI's, 10,469 Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20 that India has played.
67. On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century in Tests at Delhi against Sri Lanka. He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar's record of 34 centuries to become the man with the most number of hundreds in Test cricket.
68. Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wkts and more than 15000 runs in ODI
69. Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wkts and more than 11000 runs in Tests
70. Only batsman to have 100 hundreds in the first class cricket
Both of us have come a long away and it is a great honour that Tendulkar thinks I come close to resembling him as a batsman. It is a great honour, like a dream come true. If I die tomorrow I'll be the happiest man because I played this game because of Tendulkar, and Tendulkar himself saying that I resemble him - there is no bigger compliment than that.
I have seen GOD , he bats at no.4 for india in Tests.
He is someone sent from up there to play cricket and go back.
We did not lose to a team called india...we lost to a man called Sachin.
Sachin is a genius , i am a mere mortal!
Sachin is crickets GOD
The shot played on this ball is only possible for the GOD of cricket.
If someoom the highest peak of the world.
There is no shame losing to such a great player(sachin).
I would go to bed having nightmares of sachin dancing down the ground and hitting me for sixes.
He is 99.5% Perfect.. I'll pay to watch him play.
Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their television sets and switch off their lives.
"I dont know what to bowl at him. i bowled an inswinger n he drove me thr covers of d front foot. then i bld an outswinger n he again punched thr covers of d backfoot(for tamil fans-dai avan eppadi pottalum adikaranda). he is d toughest batsmen i 've bowled to. he shold live long n score lots of runs, but not against pakistan(smiling) "--LEGENDARY WASIM AKRAM on our own SACHIN on 24th april 2004 on espn Sachin's 30th B day program.(i think) on his knock in 2003 worldcup.
India's fortune will depend on how many runs the little champion scores. There is no doubt Tendulkar is the real thing.
"Maybe the country doesn't pray for me like they do for Sachin Tendulkar, but I know I'm on a good wicket as well. "
"I can't dream of an innings like that. He exists where we can't."
Playing in the same team as Sachin is a huge honour. His balance of mind, shrewd judgement, modesty and, above all, his technical brilliance make him my all-time hero... You can't get a more complete cricketer than Sachin. He has everything that a cricketer needs to have.
The thing I like most about Sachin is his intensity. After being in the game for so long, he still has the same desire to do well for India in any international match.I tell you what, this man is a legend.
“Sachin is the most complete batsman I have seen. His technique is so good and he has played well in all conditions. To have 41 one-day international tons shows what an appetite he has for scoring runs.”
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Tendulkar hit 200 not out as India beat South Africa by 153 runs in Gwalior, scoring his runs off just 147 deliveries after opening the innings with Virender Sehwag.
The previous record for the highest individual score in a ODI was 194, a mark jointly held by Pakistan's Saeed Anwar and Zimbabwe's Charles Coventry
Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar became the first batsman ever to score 200 runs in the history of the 50-over game. As Sachin broke the record of the highest One-Day International score of 194 runs held jointly by Pakistan's Saeed Anwar and Zimbabwe's Charles Coventry during his knock of 46th ODI hundred, we take a look at the centuries he has scored so far in his career.
Sachin Tendulkar’s unbeaten 200 is a testimony to his fitness and commitment even as he heads for his 37th birthday. He is looking as fit as focused
and as formidable as he ever has, and his timing remains untouched by the passing years.
Having played till the age of 39, I know that discipline, good, healthy living and focus can add years to one’s career. What I lost in pace and stamina, I gained in control and guile. In Tendulkar’s case, too, he has smartly sorted out his game. He might not have the eye he had in his late 20s, or the speed — those are the peak years of every batsman. However, Tendulkar has compensated for those areas with excellent shot selection and placement.
There may be many who will say that the wicket helped strokeplay and that there was nothing in it for the bowlers. But no matter what the wicket is like, to stand through 50 overs and score 200 is a very, very special effort — an achievement that his contemporaries, Ricky Ponting and Brian Lara, would have been proud of.
This achievement would mean a lot to Tendulkar, even though he has many records to his name because every opener must have had an eye on this record. A double century has only been a theoretical possibility in limited overs so far, so in many ways Tendulkar has achieved something unusual. True, he has many feathers on his cap, but this one is a really special one. An absolutely phenomenal record by a truly phenomenal player.
Indian superstar Sachin Tendulkar has claimed his record innings can be surpassed after he became the first player to hit a double hundred in a one-day international.
By popular vote, the greatest batsman in the world today, Sachin Tendulkar has the cricketing world at his feet. The adulation he commands world over is unsurpassed, perhaps since the days of Don Bradman, to whom of course he has been compared, by no less than the great man himself. While he may not end with a Test career average of 99.94, there is little doubt that based on his vigorous style of batsmanship and his insatiable appetite for runs and big scores, he is the most complete batsman since Vivian Richards. In many ways though he has surpassed even that outstanding West Indian batsman.
When Tendulkar is on song, there is no more majestic sight in the cricketing world. The spectators at the stadium are on their feet cheering while all over the world, TV audiences are glued to the screen. He has scored heavily on all kinds of wickets the world over, in conditions which lesser mortals have not been able to master and against bowlers whom other batsmen have found it difficult to score off. Immensely gifted and blessed with an impeccable technique, Tendulkar's batting is a dream, combining timing, elegance and power. Mentally very strong, Tendulkar is best when confronted by a challenge - as he showed when mowing down Shane Warne in India in 1998. Captain during two short stints, Tendulkar has made it clear that he would prefer to concentrate on his batting and indeed, he seems to be getting better with every passing year. Scoring two double centuries in successive seasons and being the first to cross the 10,000 run barrier in ODIs is clear proof of this. The best thing from the fans' point of view - if not the bowler's - is that the entertainment, courtesy Tendulkar, is still at the intermission stage. Long may
`The King' continue to regale his willing subjects!
While his batting ranks him among the best in the world, he is also a part-time bowler and has played a crucial role as a leg spinner or a medium pace bowler who tends to break partnerships. He has more than a hundred wickets in ODIs and 35 in tests, though his bowling averages are above 40. He continues to perform well under the massive weight of expectation of hundreds of millions of cricket followers, in India and around the world, and most recently was named Player Of The Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.Incidentally, Sachin is the first batsman to be declared run out by third umpire in 1992 in South Africa.